Services Provided

The Clerk’s office is your source for Licenses of many types, including Marriage, Hunting/Fishing & Dog

We are also a location where you can find Historical Information.


All dogs over the age of 4 months must be licensed.  

Requirements at the time of Licensing:

  • Proof of a current Rabies vaccination signed by a licensed veterinarian OR a signed letter from a licensed veterinarian stating that a rabies vaccination would endanger the life of the dog.
  • Proof of spayed/neutered,  if applicable.

Licenses are valid for 1 year.

Each license is assigned a permanent official identification number. A metal ID tag with the number is provided with the license (initial licensing only)

Dog License Fees:
Spayed/Neutered Dog    $10.00
Unspayed/Unneutered Dog  $20.00


The Town now offers Finger printing services through MORPHO-TRUST USA.  To be printed, an appointment must be set up online (or by phone) at  

  • Proof of identity is required with either a photo-id such as a driver’s license, non-drivers id or a passport.  Person’s arriving without the required proof will not be printed.  
  • Also, each person MUST know their Social Security Number!  

We can print for anything that requires NYS printing, such as Department of Health, Department of State, DMV, Pistol permit applicants, Department of Education and Department of Children and Family services–as well as HAZMAT requirements.  

We print from 9:30-1:30 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and from 4:30-7:00 on Wednesday evenings.


The Town has Birth, Death and Marriage records available for Genealogical purposes dating back to the early 1800’s.  If you are doing research, be sure to call us to see if we have the record you request.  The cost of obtaining these records is $ .25/page for copies.  If finding the records involves over an hour of time, there may be additional charges at the rate of $10 for the first hour and $5 for every additional hour.


New York State DEC Licenses are available in our offices.

Requirements for a Sporting License:

If this is the first year you have applied for a license, you must show proof of Hunter Safety Certification. If you are asking for a bow license, you must also have a Bow Hunter Safety Course Certification. These courses are usually free of charge and held in the late summer/early fall. Proof of previous licensure is required if this is a subsequent license. With the new computerized system, if you purchased a license since 2003, you will be in the DEC’s database in our office.  

If you are applying for Deer Management Permits, please know which DMP area you are requesting – once in the computer, there is no changing the area.

**Junior Hunters must bring at least one parent with them to sign the license.**


Requirements for a Marriage License:

  • Must be 18 years of age or bring parents with you.
  • Must show drivers license and birth certificate – (birth certificates that show parents names are preferred).
  • Must know where you were born.
  • Should know where your parents were born.
  • Need to know your mother’s maiden name.
  • If you have been married before, you MUST show the divorce papers 
    from ALL previous divorces – not just the last one – 
    without these papers, NO LICENSE WILL BE ISSUED!
  • If born outside the U.S. you must have naturalization record or immigration record.
  • Must get your license at least 24 hours prior to the marriage, but can get it up to 60 days prior.
  • The fee for a marriage license is $40.

The Town of Catharine Tax Collection will begin on January 3, 2023 and continue through March 31, 2023 during regular office hours.

Follow the link to get to the Tax program:
Tax payments payments will be accepted in the form of Cash, Check, Money  Order and we also accept all Major Credit Cards (with an additional fee charged by the bank)

Should you have questions about taxes, please feel free to contact the office at 607-594-2273 ext 1